Facebook Messenger is one of the best social media and instant messaging app in the world.
As with any social media app, one may have the issue of sent messages not delivered. This write up is an enlightenment on the cause of that problem and how to fix it immediately.
Any difficulty sending a message on Facebook Messenger?
If you have any issues sending a message on Messenger to a specific individual on your contact list or generally to all your contacts, you don’t need to panic.
The first thing to do is try updating your Messenger App to the latest version.
You are not able to send a message to a single user on Messenger because the person has blocked you. To fix this, humbly send a message from someone else’s ID to the person to unblock you.
If you are unable to send a message to other contacts on messenger, it is because you have been reported to Facebook as spam.
If you are reported as spam, Facebook will temporarily ban your profile from sending messages to other users on Messenger. Remember, it’s temporary. So, wait for some time (like 14 days), and the ban will be lifted.
Experiencing the problem of messages stuck on sending?
- This is due to poor internet connection speed or Facebook server glitches.
- If you use the regular version of Messenger and your network connection speed is very poor, try installing the Messenger Lite App. The Messenger Lite works perfectly on poor internet speed and mobiles phone with low hardware specs. This will fix the problem.
- However, if you confirm you have no connection issues from your end, check to ensure that Facebook Messenger servers (data centres) are up and running. Sometimes, there are millions of traffics on Facebook Messenger servers; thus, they become irresponsive or unable to handle your message request.
- If that is the cause, wait for half an hour or so and check back to see if the servers are working.
- Moreover, if you are in a hurry and you want a quick fix to the sending problem, try installing a VPN app on your smartphone. This way, it will change your location and make messenger works on sending messages. Also, VPN can connect you with other messenger data centres across the globe.
Having issues with messages on Messenger sent but not delivered?
This could be because
- Your chat was, for some reason, ignored by the person or marked as spam by Messenger.
- The message is not yet approved from Messenger data centres, or it’s due to the Connection Requests. The connection or message request is actually a feature in Messenger, which filters messages from unknown contacts and moves them to the spam folder.
- The recipient may be currently offline or have not installed Messenger.
What does it mean when we say a message has been sent but not delivered?
Yes, it is possible to encounter this problem. When two users are not friends, messages sent from one end are saved in “Message Requests” or “spam” folder at the other end.
When the two people eventually become friends, the problem is resolved automatically.
The other possible reason why a message is sent but not delivered is that the recipient is not yet on Messenger or they are offline at the moment. Once the recipient gets online, your message will be delivered, and then a delivery mark appears next to your message.
Therefore, the common reasons why a message is not delivered on Facebook Messenger are:
- The recipient has blocked you on Messenger.
- You have been ignored.
- Messenger is moving your message to the Spam folder.
- You are not connected yet on Messenger.
- Facebook Messenger servers are down.
- Temporarily Messenger server glitches.
- Someone has added you to their restricted list on Facebook.
- The recipient is currently offline.
- The user has muted you and is offline.
- The receiver is not yet on Messenger or uninstalled the Messenger app.
I hope you find this piece helpful. Let me know if you encounter any issues.