We’re all aware that blocking allows you to prevent others from seeing your friend list, but there’s a quick and easy way to hide one friend from another on Facebook.
Many Facebook users have inquired whether it is possible to hide one friend from another on the platform. The simple answer is yes. That is what you will learn in this article; simply continue reading for more information.
Hide One Friend from Another on Facebook
If you are friends with someone on Facebook, that person will have access to your entire list of Facebook friends. You might find yourself in a situation where you want to be friends with two people on Facebook but don’t want them to know. Unfortunately, there is no way to prevent these two people from seeing each other while still seeing all of your friends on your list.
Nonetheless, I will provide some guidelines to assist you in preventing these two people from seeing each other on your friend list. The steps to prevent these two people from viewing your Facebook friend list are outlined below. You should pay close attention to what we will be discussing below on how to hide one friend from another on Facebook.
Read, Also: How to Hide and Unhide Messages on Messenger
To hide one friend from another on Facebook:
- Sign in to your Facebook account.
- To view your profile, click on your name or photo.
- To access your friend’s page, click on the friend’s tab.
- To edit your privacy, go to the friend’s page and click the pencil icon.
- Click the down arrow icon in the upper right corner of “who can see your Friend list” in the edit privacy section and select the custom option from the drop-down menu.
- Enter the names of the two people you want to keep hidden from each other on the next page.
You can take these steps to hide one friend from another on Facebook.
How to Hide your Friend List on Facebook
It can be difficult to keep your information private on Facebook, but I can assure you that with just a few clicks, you can keep your personal information private from strangers. It is very simple to prevent other people on Facebook from invading your privacy. Please read our guide below.
Here are a few steps that will show you how to hide your friend list on Facebook.
- Log in to your Facebook account.
- Click the down-arrow icon in the upper right corner.
- Choose settings, then privacy in the left-hand column.
- Select “who can see your friend list” in the “how people can find and contact you” section.
- You can make your friend list Public, which means that anyone can find it.
- You can choose Friends, which means that only your friends will be able to see your friend list.
- Only you will be able to see your friend list if you select “Only me“.
- By selecting custom, you can choose who can and cannot see your friend list.
- You can still enter names under “share with” if you want them to see your list or “don’t share with” if you don’t want them to see your friend list.
I am confident that the guidelines outlined above will assist you in concealing your friend list from strangers and hide one friend from another on Facebook.
For questions and clarifications, contact us below using the comment section.
How can I hide one of my friends on Facebook? | Hide one friend from another on Facebook
Step-by-Step Guide on How to Hide Mutual Friends on Facebook