You will spend no less than twenty-one (21) days at the NYSC camp, which is a fascinating place to see for its own sake.
Sure, there are some mandatory supplies you can’t forget to bring to camp. Therefore, this NYSC camping checklist will assist in knowing the fundamental things, and stuff to carry to camp.
If you show up to camp without the gear and supplies we’ve specified below, it’ll be like a soldier showing up on the battlefield unprepared.
This article is helpful because it gives you advance notice of what to expect in Nysc camp and also informs you of what supplies you’ll actually need.
NYSC Camping Checklist
The Originals and at least five (5) photocopies of the following documents are required:
- Call Up Letter.
- Duly Signed Green Card.
- School Identity Card.
- Statement Of Result or/and First university degree or HND certificate (Nigerian foreign-trained graduates).
- Certificates of registration with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria/Optometrists Association of Nigeria are necessary in addition to housemanship completion documentation for Medical doctors and Optometrists.
- Pharmacists shall produce in addition, evidence of completion of internship and registration certificate with the Pharmacists Council of Nigeria.
- Nurses are to present their original Licence and Certificate of registration issued by the Nursing/Midwifery Council of Nigeria.
- Medical Laboratory Scientists are also to present their Licence and Certificate of registration with the Medical laboratory scientists Council of Nigeria.
- For Nigerian foreign-trained graduates; their Nigerian International Passport must show clearly: Entry visa to the country of study, First Departure Date from Nigeria, Date of return to Nigeria after the period of study, Date page of the passport, Residence Permit (for Graduates from Institutions located within West African Countries Only). Also, Graduates with dual nationality are required to Up-load Data pages of both International Passports and present the Passport for verification at the Camp.
- Passport photographs (at least ten (15) copies).
- Medical Certificate of fitness.
- Coloured/Sunday Wears (3)
- Plain White Round Neck T-Shirts (2-5)
- Plain White Sneakers/Plain White Rubber Shoes/Tennis Shoes (1-2 pairs)
- Underwear/Undies (2-5)
- White Shorts/Half-pants (2-5)
- White Socks (4-7 pairs)
- Permanent Marker
- Small Stapler
- Correction Fluid/Correction Pen
- File/Clear Bag
First Aid Items
- Allergy Medicine
- Anti-Malaria Pills
- Anti-Purging Pills
- Basic Drugs (Paracetamol and/or Panadol)
- Cotton Wool
- Inhaler (Those with Asthma)
- Menstrual Pain Drugs
- Methylated Spirits
- Nausea Relief Drugs
- Robb/Aboniki Balm
Other Personal Needs
- Nose Mask
- Hand Sanitizers
- Bath Soap, Sponge, and Sponge Case
- Bed Sheets, Blanket, Pillow Cases, and Pillow
- Bleach(Jik or Hypo)
- Body Cream
- Bucket and Bowl
- Cardigan (Plain White Or Colours Related To White)
- Mobile Chargers or Chargers
- Clothes Hangers (3-5 pieces)
- Combs, Hair Brush, and Hair Needs
- Cutleries (Plate, Bowl, Cup, and Spoon Only)
- Detergent and Washing Soap
- Flask/Food Pack
- Mosquito Net/Repellent
- Polish and Brush
- Power Bank (Very Essential)
- Surge Protectors/Extensions
- Bathroom Slippers
- Money and ATM Cards
- TorchLight (Rechargeable or If you are going with a torchlight that uses batteries, ensure you go with enough batteries to the camp).
- Waist Bag/Pouch
- Other Essentials Needs for the Ladies
- Sunglasses and Wristwatch
Note: If there are other things you consider necessary or obligatory that are not mentioned in this post, it would be wise to follow your own judgment and implement those suggestions.
Trust me, this article would really help. Please use any of the share buttons below to share this information.
Feel free to share any additional information you may have on NYSC Camping Checklist in the comment section below.