Someone having magical knowledge and the ability to bewitch and harm others is called a “warlock,” and they are believed to be in alliance with the forces of darkness.
Read this post if you’re looking for suggestions for a unique and beautiful name for your newborn.
Furthermore, it is undeniable that the concept of magic holds a special fascination for every single one of us. Here is a list of fantastic warlock names for a baby boy or baby girl.
Also see: Names of Women in Australia
Famous Warlock Names and their Meanings
Best Male Warlock Names
- Alatar: Meaning “after comer.”
- Atlantes: Atlantes is the plural form of Atlas, meaning “book of maps” or “bearer of the heavens.”
- Bellamy: Meaning “fine friend.”
- Blaze: Blaze is an English name meaning “to burn.” It can also be considered a short form of the French surname Blaise, meaning “stammer.”
- Gandalf: Gandalf comes from Old Norse meaning “elf wand.”
- Merlin: Merlin comes from Welsh meaning “from the sea fortress.”
- Ganondorf: Ganondorf derives from the Irish name, Ganon, meaning “descendant of the fair-haired man,” “fair-skinned,” “white,” or “fair.”
- Lucius: Meaning “light.” It’s an exotic Roman name, containing both religious and literary reverberation.
- Radagast: Meaning “tender of beasts.”
- Saruman: Meaning “man of skill and cunning.”
Best Female Warlock Names
- Allegra: It’s an Italian name meaning “joyful,” “happy,” or “lively.”
- Aurelia: Meaning “the golden one.”
- Bridget: Bridget originates from Ireland meaning “exalted one” or “strength.”
- Celeste: Celeste comes from Latin meaning “heavenly.”
- Leanne: Meaning “dweller by the wood.”
- Maeve: Meaning “Intoxicating.” An Irish warrior queen.
- Morgana: Meaning “circle or sea.”
- Sabrina: Meaning “white rose”
- Selma: Selma comes from Germany meaning “godly helmet.”
- Zatanna: Meaning “beautiful magic.”
Cool General Warlock Names
- Endora: Meaning “light.”
- Fiona: Meaning “fair.”
- Nancy: Meaning “grace.”
- Prue: Meaning “good judgment.”
- Balder: Meaning “Bearer of the light.”
- Dagmar: Meaning “Maid of the day.”
- Fergie: Meaning “Vigorous and rock.”
- Gabbor: Meaning “God’s bravest man.”
- Goddard Meaning “As strong as God.”
- Thedda: Meaning “Gift of God.”
- Yenna: Meaning “Gift of healing.”
- Zaviyar: Meaning “Lionheart and brave.”
- Ariella: Meaning “Lion of God.”
- Seamus: Meaning “supplanter.” A friend to Harry Potter.
- Samantha: Meaning “God heard.”
- Gwydion: It’s a name from Welsh mythology meaning “born of trees.”
- Max: It’s an independent name meaning “greatest.”
- Matilda: It’s the English variant of the German, Mathilda, meaning “battle-mighty.”
- Hyacinth: Meaning “blue larkspur” or “precious stone.”
- Morpheus: A Greek god of sleep and dreams “Shaper.”
These warlock names sound great to use as a pet name, and while some of them can give off a slightly sinister vibe, they’re all lovely nonetheless.
Hope you find this information helpful? Please use any of the share buttons below to share this information.
Feel free to share any additional information you may have on Warlock names in the comment section below.