How to Change NYSC Date of Birth – Due to incorrect or incomplete information provided by some Prospective Corps Members (PCMs) before or after enrollment on the NYSC site, several PCMs have had problems getting mobilized or had their mobilization delayed.
Given the gravity of the situation, the detailed instructions in this piece will greatly assist in solving the PCMs’ date of birth correction and other information problems.
The National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) is an effective and efficient organization dedicated to achieving its goals, including national harmony and progress.
It is also an organization with the drive and ability to instill in young Nigerians the positive mindset and values necessary to build a strong country.
Further, the organization promotes national growth and gives its participating graduate youths a sense of pride and fulfillment.
How to Change NYSC Date of Birth
The step-by-step procedure to change or correct your NYSC date of birth is easy if and only if you follow the procedures below.
Henceforth, information from the West African Examination Council (WAEC) will now be used to effect changes on the NYSC portal as from the 2017 Batch ‘A’ online Registration.
The new procedure is as follows:
- Login to your dashboard,
- Locate and click on the link to Date of Birth,
- Enter your WAEC Verification PIN, then select WAEC Type, Year of exam and enter your Examination Number,
- Click on Verify button,
- Click SUBMIT or CANCEL.
How to Correct your Course of Study on the NYSC Platform
Here are the step-by-step procedures to correct your course of study on the NYSC website:
- Login to your dashboard,
- Locate and click the link for Correction of Course of Study,
- Select your correct Course of Study,
- Click SUBMIT.
Although NYSC is a realistic organization dedicated to its defined goals, it is also dedicated to producing future leaders with a positive national attitude and leadership that is vibrant, proud, and committed to the unity and even development of the Nigerian State.
The main objectives of the scheme are:
- To teach young Nigerians self-control by ingraining in them a work ethic based on diligence and a dedication to serving their country no matter the circumstances.
- To encourage young Nigerians to adopt the mentalities that will make them more open to being mobilized for the country’s good through exposure to similar experiences and appropriate training.
- To enhance the character of young Nigerians by teaching them to value and work toward improving their country, society, and culture.
Additionally, employers are influenced partly by their experience with service corps members to hire qualified Nigerians from all of Nigeria’s States.
Similarly, after completing their mandatory year of national service, service corps members are actively urged to look for long-term work wherever in Nigeria.
Related: NYSC Camping Checklist
We hope you find this information helpful. Please use any of the share buttons below to share this information.
Feel free to drop any questions or contributions regarding this article in the comment section below.