Facebook was first appreciated by its numerous users because of the fact that they could keep in touch with their loved even if they were far apart.
Gradually, from just getting in touch, Facebook users saw that they could still have meaningful achievements alongside.
So, the act of Facebook buying and selling started gradually from in Facebook groups;where people sold their goods amongst themselves.
From few participants, over four hundred and fifty million people per month has made their way to the groups where they buy and sell their goods and get them delivered to their buyers regardless of their distances apart.
This brings us to the Facebook market place;
The Facebook market place is simply a platform where people create awareness of their services through Facebook while others get to know of goods that are up for grabs and buy them.
There are ten categories in which people list their goods so that the buyers could decide what he/she really wants and goes to the appropriate category or all of the categories as the case may be.
- Clothing and Accessories.
- Home and Garden
Having known that the Facebook market place is only for two set of person; the “buyers” and the “sellers”.
For the first set of person fore mentioned, here are helpful ways for you to get your product to the world;
How To sell on The Facebook Marketplace
The masses are finding products on the net more authentic than the ones found in local shops. While so much confidence is placed on products seen on Facebook, how then can these products get to the sight of potential buyers?
These tips offers reliable answer to the question;
- Have the Facebook app in your device:The Facebook marketplace as the name implies does not exist outside the Facebook app.
- Know the cost of making sales: Knowing how much you stand to loose on selling on the Facebook is of great importance so you don’t pay so much and end up not making much sales. The good thing about selling on the Facebook marketplace is that you don’t have to pay anything.(smile)
- Know the rules and regulations of the Facebook marketplace: For clarity on the kinds of items permitted on the Marketplace, visit the commerce policies.
The following are three rules for selling on the Marketplace:
Avoid selling prohibited items on the Marketplace: There are several items which are not permitted for sale in the Marketplace, they include;
- Digital media and electronic devices.
- Healthcare items (thermometers, first-aid kits, etc.).
- Events tickets. (if they are available, they are only available on the marketplace by coordinating with one of Facebook’s partners).
- Illegal prescription or recreational drugs.
- Unsafe supplements.
- Weapons, ammunition or explosives.
- Gift cards.
- Tobacco products or tobacco paraphernalia.
- Digital media and electronic devices.
- Adults products or services.
The description of the item must match the photo: To every description given to a particular item, there must be a tallying image of it uploaded. Therefore a description for ankle bracelet should go alongside with a photo of the ankle bracelet.
Before and after photos are not permitted: Bear it in mind that no matter how good a product is, it’s before and after photo cannot be uploaded on the Marketplace. For example, a product meant to burn belly fat when cannot come with a before and after photo.
- Sell only physical things: Abstract things are not permitted for sale on the Marketplace. For instance, things like Jokes, “lost and found” posts, News etc cannot be sold on the marketplace.
- Make your item enticing by using a high quality photo: No matter how superior your item may be, if the uploaded photo of it is not of high quality, potential buyers might be doubtful of the products. In order to make your products appealing to buyers, here are some help tips;
- For the background on which the picture of the item is to be taken, a plain and orderly background should be used.
- The photo should be taken from different angels showing each edges, curves and ends of the item.
- There should be adequate supply of light so as to make the item adequately visible.
- Professional cameras are best used to achieve the high quality.
- Photos of the item in use should equally be taken and uploaded alongside.
- Increase your sales on the Marketplace: As the day goes by, there is an increased level of competition, how can you survive in the competition (remember it is survival of the fittest), here are things to do:
- Optimize your listing by including more keywords in the title and description.
- Write a longer description with more details about the item.
- Hire a professional photographer to take pictures of your merchandise.
Having considered the first set of people in the Market place which are the sellers, the question now is;
How to buy items on the Marketplace
These are few steps to buying items on the Marketplace;
Browse for the items of your choice; Marketplace opens with photos of items that people near you have listed for sale. To find something specific, you can enter a keyword in search at the top and filter your results by location, category, or price. Next to the search icon, you’ll see the categories icon, where you can go to discover items under Household, Electronics, and Apparel, etc. There’s also a location tool to adjust your region.
Get in touch with the seller; Having gotten the item of your choice, get to have a private chat with the seller via private chat or via a provided number, from there, the seller tells you the payment and delivery mode of the item and the space of time in which your product is delivered to you.
I hope you found this helpful, please share and drop a question in the comment box if there exist any.