Building relationships is one important aspect of man. Facebook understands this, hence, they added the request a friend feature on their platform.
Facebook is the largest social media site in the world. Most likely, you will see people you may know, and which to become friends with them on Facebook.
But how do you go about this? You will need to add them as friend on Facebook.
This is what this post is intended for. This post will show you how to request a friend on Facebook.
How to Request a friend on Facebook
To request a friend on Facebook via computer, follow the process below.
1. Click the search bar at the top of any Facebook page.
2. Type the friend’s name into the search bar and click search
3. To send that friend a friend request, click Add Friend next to their profile picture.
4. You may not find the Add Friend button next to some people’s profile picture, depending on their privacy settings.
To request a friend on Facebook via a mobile device, follow the process below.
To find more friends to add, you can upload your contacts from your mobile phone or email accounts.
To upload your contacts from your mobile phone or email accounts:
1. Open your iPhone or Android Mobile app and login to Facebook
2. Tap Friends.
3. Tap the Upload Contacts on the bottom banner, then tap Get Started.
Once you’ve turned on mobile contact uploading, your contacts will automatically be uploaded to Facebook when you open your app.
To get suggested friends:
You can use People You May Know to find friends on Facebook.
People You May Know suggestions come from things like having friends in common with someone, being in the same Facebook group or your networks.
If you’re having trouble adding a friend, see the possible causes of it.
Why You Can’t Send or Accept a Friend Request on Facebook
If you are finding it difficult to request a friend on Facebook, the following problems might be the cause.
1. You may not be able to add someone on Facebook if you have already sent them a friend request, and they are yet to approve your request.
2. Also, you cant send someone a friend request on Facebook if you or the person already has up to 5,000 friends on Facebook.
If you need to connect with more than 5,000 people, you can change your personal account to a Facebook Page.
If you want to send another friend request, unfriend someone else first.
Note: You won’t be able to accept a friend request from someone who’s reached 5,000 friends.
3. If they have following enabled, follow them instead. You’ll still be able to see their public posts.
4. Another reason why you may not be able to add someone on Facebook is if you or the person have set your privacy settings to get friend requests only from friends of friends on Facebook.
To solve this, ask them to send you a request instead or change your privacy settings.
5. Also, if the friend request you sent them was deleted, you can send then another friend request or ask them to send you one.
6. Another reason why you cannot request a friend request on Facebook is if you block the person on Facebook.
To solve this, you have to unblock them, and then resend the friend request.
7. If you have been blocked from sending a friend request on Facebook, then you won’t be able to request a friend on Facebook.
Thats all on How to Request a friend on Facebook.