Discover It Student Card – When you’re a student, one of your greatest options for a credit card is the Discover it Student Card.
It is not uncommon for students to struggle to pay for basic living costs like tuition. So, if that’s the case, you should look into getting a student credit card.
The Discover it Student card is the topic of this piece. You’d learn all about this card and how to apply for it. Therefore, read on.
Discover it Student Card
Discover is a U.S.-based banking institution. The Discover Bank is a wholly-owned subsidiary of this bank holding corporation.
Also, you can get a loan, a mortgage, or open an account at this bank, among other services.
This bank does more than lend money to students; they also issue credit cards. The card allows students to establish credit while paying for essentials like tuition and books.
Benefits of Discover Student Card
There are two different student credit cards available from this bank. These cards’ perks may be diverse, but they share one thing: cashback.
When it comes to credit cards, Discover Bank offers two distinct options:
- Discover it Student Cash Back card: Benefits are included with this card, even when you make purchases. Cardholders earn 5% cash back for regular purchases, as the name suggests. This card can be used for online purchases made at Amazon and PayPal.
- The Discover it Chrome for Students card: A 2% cash reward is given to these cardholders. In addition to groceries and gas, this card can be used at various merchants. In addition, this card provides a reward for a wide variety of purchases.
With your newfound knowledge of these two student credit cards, read to determine if you qualify and what you need to do to get one.
Credit Score for Discover it Student Card
If you’re applying for this credit card, you might wonder if your credit score is good enough. The good news is that you can apply for one of these cards regardless of your credit score history.
However, you will only be asked for your credit score if it is relevant. Credit eligibility would be established based on the information you provided in the application.
Discover it Student Card Prerequisites
To apply for one of the cards, you must familiarize yourself with the prerequisites. It would be time-efficient to see if you already meet the prerequisites.
The Discover it for students credit card has the following prerequisites:
- The minimum age to apply is eighteen.
- Applicants must currently enrol in either a two-year or four-year college or university.
- United States of America citizenship is a must.
- Applicants must provide their social security number.
- Applicants must demonstrate financial stability by providing documentation of regular income.
How to Apply for Discover it Student Credit Card
Feel free to apply for any of the credit cards if you have already been preapproved for one. With Discover Bank’s new application process, getting one of these cards is a breeze for students.
Applying is a breeze because you may do it entirely online. Check below for a comprehensive breakdown of the Discover it student credit card application process.
Follow the step-by-step process below to apply for Discover it student credit card successfully:
- Click here to visit the Discover it student card page.
- View the different card choices on the page that has opened.
- Find the “Apply Now” button next to the card that best meets your needs and tap it.
- Pick your favourite student Discover it card design from the options presented on the page.
- Enter your “Name,” “Home Address,” and “Date of Birth” in the corresponding fields.
- Please ensure that your “College Year,” “Monthly Housing/Rent Payment,” “Total Gross Income,” and “Email address” are all entered correctly.
- Please review the information shown on the page regarding the interest rate for the Discover it student card.
- Finally, after double-checking your information for accuracy, click the “Submit” button at the page’s bottom.
How to Activate Discover it Student Card
If you’ve been issued a Discover it student credit card, please accept our heartiest congratulations.
Nevertheless, note that activating the card is required before you may use it. See below for instructions on how to activate it:
- Click here to visit the Discover it student credit card activation page.
- Provide your “Date of Birth” and the last four digits of your “Social Security number.”
- You’ll need to fill in the required field with the 16-digit number printed on the back of your card.
- Please enter the “Card Expiration Date” in the space provided.
- Complete the form by entering the rest of the required information and then clicking the “Continue” button.
- Proceed as instructed on the screen to finish the procedure.
Meanwhile, those who would rather not activate their cards online can reach Discover’s card support staff via their customer service here.
How to Register to Discover it Student Card for Online Access
You should register your card for internet access immediately. This is because you wouldn’t have to physically visit the bank to check your balance, make a payment, etc.
Follow these simple instructions below to register your Discover card online successfully:
- Click here to visit the Discover registration page.
- Go to the Credit Card section and hit the “Register Now” button.
- Fill out the “Card Number” and “Expiration Date” areas with your card information.
- Enter your “Date of Birth” and the last four digits of your “Social Security number.”
- To finish creating an account online, stick to the rest of the prompts.
How to Login to your Discover it Student Card Account Online
After signing up for an account, you can access your financial records and make payments whenever it is most convenient for you.
This post will teach you how to access your student credit card account easily. To login to your online account, please do as follows:
- Click here to visit the Discover official webpage.
- Click the “Log In” button in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Click “Credit cards” under “Select Account.”
- Fill in your “User ID” and “Password” fields.
- Then hit the login button.
Lastly, as a student, you could be debating whether or not you need this card. Discover it student card is a fantastic option if you are a student searching for a credit card. Consumers who use this card will get benefits as a result of their spending.
From what you have read in this post, you should now have enough information to apply for and receive this card and all its perks.
I hope you find this information helpful. Please use any of the share buttons below to share this information.
Feel free to drop any questions or contributions regarding this article in the comment section below.