The National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) is the premier Open and Distance Learning (ODL) institution in Africa, making high-quality education practical, adaptable, easily available, and affordable for all who desire it.
There are currently 103 study centres located in all six of the country’s political divisions. Students now number over five hundred thousand.
NOUN uses ICT to provide a curriculum geared toward success in today’s interconnected and multicultural workplace.
The University’s renowned academic programs in the Arts, Education, Health, Law, Sciences, Social Sciences, Agricultural Sciences, and Management Sciences serve the requirements of all sectors of the global economy.
To ensure that all Nigerians, regardless of their background or financial situation, have equal access to high-quality formal and non-formal education, the National Open University of Nigeria was established.
Teachers, accountants, bankers, lawyers, nurses, engineers, politicians, self-employed people, and businesspeople are just some of the groups that it supports through its emphasis on continuing education.
NOUN is devoted to the development of professionals in a wide range of fields using the online learning format. One can get a certificate, diploma, or degree, or take a course for personal growth on its own.
Flexible delivery of instruction gives students more control over when, where, and what they study.
Here are some of the benefits of studying at the National Open University of Nigeria;
- Better opportunities to get a good education;
- An overall rise in literacy rates;
- Utilizing a multi-faceted approach to studying;
- Expanded possibilities for learning new skills;
- Opportunity for affordable higher education; and
- Curriculums for open and distance learning that are well-structured and exhaustive.
List of NOUN Undergraduate Courses
- Agricultural Extension and Management
- Agricultural Science Education
- Arabic Language and Literature
- Banking and Finance
- Biology Education
- Business Administration
- Business Education
- Chemistry Education
- Christian Religious Studies
- Computer Science
- Computer Science Education
- Cooperative and Rural Development
- Criminology and Security Studies
- Development Studies
- Early Childhood Education
- English Education
- Environmental Health Science
- Environmental Management and Toxicology
- Film Production
- French Education
- Health Education
- Human Kinetics Education
- Information Technology
- Integrated Science Education
- Islamic Studies
- Library and Information Science Education
- Mass Communication
- Mathematics Education
- Mathematics/Computer Science
- Nursing Science
- Peace Studies and Conflict Resolution
- Physics Education
- Political Science
- Primary Education
- Public Administration
- Public Health
- Tourism Studies
- Transport Management
Recommended: Full list of NOUN Programmes
Admission Requirements for Undergraduate Programmes
- An applicant for undergraduate admission into NOUN is normally expected to have a minimum of five O-level credits including English Language and Mathematics.
- Additional requirements might apply for some programmes and these can be viewed after selecting the Programme and entry-level at the Faculty’s admission page.
- To apply for a programme, select the Faculty, and choose the programme and entry-level so that the “View Requirement” button is enabled; clicking this button will reveal the corresponding entry requirement and enable the “Apply” button on the pre-payment application page.
- Fill in all the remaining details on the page before submitting.
- On successful submission of the pre-payment form, you will be redirected to Remita to obtain an RRR invoice which would be used to effect payment for the application form.
- An applicant who pays online using a payment card will automatically obtain the online form which must be filled out before submission.
- Applicants who pay through a bank branch must click on Continue after payment and enter their Unique ID and RRR. Also, they would be given the opportunity to change the Programme applied for.
- Applicants who had paid using an RRR generated last semester or earlier must restart the application process up to the point when they will be re-directed to remita. They should now use the newly generated Unique ID with the old RRR used for payment when they click “Proceed after payment.”
- In all cases, a successful payment will lead to the generation of an online application form which should be filled out before submission online. The admission process is automated and the outcome is virtually instantaneous.
Note: The National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) provides its students with excellent service and the resources they require to achieve academic success.
What we’ve covered here about NOUN Courses and Admission Requirements is complete. Please trust me when I say that this article will be useful.
Please feel free to ask any questions you may have about this article in the comment section below and it would be wise to spread the word about this article.